Wightlink Timetable Back On Track Following Overnight Shuttle Service
- Dominic Kureen
- 3 hours ago
- 2 min read
Updated: 1 hour ago

Wightlink sailings are back on track as of 6am on Wednesday February 18.
Wightlink earlier confirmed it began operating services from Portsmouth International Port from the 4pm sailing on Tuesday (February 17), following disruption caused by damage at its Gunwharf terminal.
The operator ran a reduced overnight shuttle service every three hours between Portsmouth International Port and Fishbourne through the early hours, with its online timetable updated to reflect the changes.
Departures from Portsmouth International Port have taken place at 7pm, 10pm and 1am, while return sailings from Fishbourne departed at 8:30pm, 11:30pm and 2:30am.
Wightlink warned these services would operate with reduced capacity, meaning some customers had their crossings cancelled.
Affected passengers were contacted directly and issued full refunds, although the company says this may take a little time to process.
An update on Wednesday’s early-morning services was issued late last night - with the latest update confirming that all sailings from 6am today (Wednesday) should run to timetable once again.
Customers are being advised to monitor Wightlink’s WhatsApp channel for confirmation.
The disruption follows a heavy berthing incident at the Gunwharf terminal earlier on Tuesday, which caused damage to both port infrastructure and the vessel St Clare.
As a result, Wightlink was initially unable to load or unload vehicles or foot passengers on the Gunwharf–Fishbourne route.
All sailings on that route were cancelled until at least mid-afternoon while safety assessments were carried out, with no alternative crossings available during that period.
Other Wightlink routes continued to operate as normal.
In a statement, the company thanked customers for their patience and said teams are continuing to work towards safely restoring normal operations as soon as possible.
Passengers with urgent travel plans are advised to check Wightlink’s website for the latest information or consider alternative arrangements where possible.
The sailings will return to timetable this morning (Wednesday).
A spokesperson for Wightlink confirmed late last night:
"Following repair works through the night, we’re pleased to confirm that services will return to our normal timetable from 06:00 on Wednesday 18 February, operating from our Gunwharf port.
"Please note that the 04:00 sailing tomorrow morning will still depart from Portsmouth International Port (PIP) before normal operations resume from 06:00.
"Thank you for your patience while these essential repairs were completed safely, and thank you to our teams who have been working around the clock to return us to full service."






