True Or False: How Well Do You Know Your Island History?
How good's your knowledge of the Island's heritage? Have a guess and see if you can get all ten of these statements correct...
1. The Island's earliest inhabitants are believed to have been in the 5th century
2. The Roman name for the Island was 'Vectis'
3. Ryde Pier is the third oldest pier in the UK
4. There's no evidence dinosaurs ever populated the Island
5. The Needles lighthouse was built in 1850
6. It's the home of Britain's oldest phone box
7. The first radio was set up on the Island in 1896
8. Blackgang Chine was built in 1842
9. Carisbrooke Castle dates back to the pre-Saxon era
10. St Catherine's Oratory was built in the 14th century
'Happy And Supportive' But No Ofsted Improvement For Ryde's Oakfield Primary
A “happy and supportive” Isle of Wight primary school has fallen short of improving its Ofsted rating after a recent inspection.
Wightlink Named Best UK Ferry Company At British Travel Awards
Wightlink has been awarded Gold at the British Travel Awards 2023 as Best Ferry Operator in the UK.
CCTV Released In Connection With High Value Newport Theft
Do you know this man?
Isle Of Wight College Demolition Plans Revealed
Buildings at the Isle of Wight College could be torn down in the new year to make way for state-of-the-art facilities.