Spooky Recipe: Loaded Pumpkin Fries
Pumpkins aren't just for decoration. They're an incredibly versatile fruit — which make the most delicious fries...
Make the most of pumpkins while they're in season. Here's a great recipe for Loaded Pumpkin Fries.
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 150g Primula Cheese
- Handful of fresh coriander, to garnish
- Using a sharp knife, slice the pumpkin in half. Scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Remove the ends from the pumpkin, peel and slice into fries.
- Place the pumpkin fries in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Let the fries soak for at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight.
- When the fries have finished soaking, pre-heat your oven to 220°
- Drain the fries and pat dry with paper towels.
- Fill a large zip-lock bag with the fries. Add the cornflour, seal the bag and shake to cover the fries. Add the oil and fajita seasoning to the fries and shake well, covering them evenly.
- Spread the fries in a single layer on a lined baking tray. Allow the fries plenty of space to ensure they’re perfectly crisp. You may need a couple of trays.
- Place in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the fries are crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven. Squeeze over the Primula Cheese and scatter the coriander.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Prohibition PR.
Add a comment
Fairlee Fireworks Cancelled Due To Adverse Weather Concerns
This year's Fairlee Fireworks event - scheduled to take place tomorrow (Sunday December 10) - has been cancelled.
The Kebab House Newport Served With One Star Food Hygiene Rating
A popular Newport takeaway has been served with a one-star food hygiene rating after the Isle of Wight Council deemed ‘major improvement’ was necessary.
Wight Building Materials Assists With Life-Saving Fire Service Training
Wight Building Materials (WBM) has again teamed up with the Hampshire and IW Fire and Rescue Service to assist in potentially life-saving training.
Hampshire And Isle Of Wight Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Prepares To Launch
There will be ‘no big bang change’ in the way mental health provision is delivered on the Island when services merge with the mainland next year, health bosses have said.