Autumn Recipe: Beef And Guinness Pie
With the darker nights drawing in, we're sharing our heartiest recipes for the colder months! Enjoy this stunning beef and ale pie made with Guinness for a full-bodied flavour...
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 stems celery
- 125g swede, diced
- 600g diced beef
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Puff pastry/shortcrust lid
- 500ml Guinness
- Fry the garlic, onion, carrots, celery and swede for five minutes.
- Fry the beef until brown and add it to the vegetables, along with the cornflour and tomato puree.
- Stir well and gradually add the Guinness and stock. Simmer for two and a half hours until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened. Leave to cool before making the pie.
- Heat the oven to 200c/gas 6. Line the rim of the dish with a thin strip of pastry, dampen and cover with a pastry lid.
- Brush with milk. Bake in the oven for half an hour, until golden and risen.
Add a comment
Fairlee Fireworks Cancelled Due To Adverse Weather Concerns
This year's Fairlee Fireworks event - scheduled to take place tomorrow (Sunday December 10) - has been cancelled.
The Kebab House Newport Served With One Star Food Hygiene Rating
A popular Newport takeaway has been served with a one-star food hygiene rating after the Isle of Wight Council deemed ‘major improvement’ was necessary.
Wight Building Materials Assists With Life-Saving Fire Service Training
Wight Building Materials (WBM) has again teamed up with the Hampshire and IW Fire and Rescue Service to assist in potentially life-saving training.
Hampshire And Isle Of Wight Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Prepares To Launch
There will be ‘no big bang change’ in the way mental health provision is delivered on the Island when services merge with the mainland next year, health bosses have said.