A home in Sandown has been almost completely destroyed by fire in the early hours of this morning (Friday).
Three fire engines, police and ambulance crew were called to a property on Central Way in Sandown at 3.14am.
The blaze destroyed 80% of the roof 75% of the first floor and 30% of the ground floor according the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue.
The property suffered significant smoke damage.
Carol and Norman Hiles and their children escaped the property unharmed.
An unoccupied adjoining home, was also damaged.
Neighbours and local businesses are rallying round in support.
The nearby Fairway Holiday Park have offered a caravan to the family, while local supermarkets have donated money to allow the Hiles to replace clothes and possessions lost in the fire.
Vicky Smith, who lives nearby, told Isle of Wight Radio, 'they're a hard up, hard working family. They didn't have alot to begin with and now they've got nothing.
'Carol, the mum, works all the hours she can just to keep a roof over their heads.
'They need a bit of help now'.
Another neighbour, John Batsford, was woken in the early hours of the morning by shouting and the sound of the fire.
'We looked out of the bedroom window and saw all the smoke', he told Isle of Wight Radio.
'I've been told all of the upstairs is destroyed. There's also some damage to the adjoining back bedroom in the other house. Luckily they're away on holiday at the moment'.
Fire Officers will return to the scene this afternoon (Friday) to try to establish the cause of the fire.
It's emerged that the property did not have a smoke alarm.
Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service's Chief Fire Officer Steve Apter has urged Islanders without smoke alarms to get one.